Dear Sir / Madam
I would like to bring it to your attention the serious failures and concerns in the level of service we have received from British Telecom.
Printmeit.com are a small print and design company who entrusted British Telecom to supply us with an upgrade to our Internet and Telephone systems in May 2014. We were seeking to improve the speed and performance of the standard broadband we had in place. The level of service we have received has fallen well below what is expected of a leading blue chip company.
The complex nature of our complaint dictates that we must supply an attached document (sent to BT) outlining the ongoing issues which potentially could result in disastrous job threatening implications for our company.
For your information, the key points are as follows:
• We approached BT Local Business seeking BT Infinity for our business. We were told that this would not be available for at least 24 months due to a lack of funding. Your sales team informed us that the only option was to have a dedicated BTNet system that would take 8 weeks from order to completion.
• A neighbouring company on our Industrial Estate has had BT Infinity successfully installed, both before our confirmed completion date and at a much lower price. As the product we initially requested was in fact available, we believe that we were mis-sold the BTNet system.
• The BTNet system sold was supposed to guarantee us a 10MB speed; BT Infinity delivers up to 80MB for our location.
• The sales agent at BT Local Business in the North East refused to take our telephone calls or reply to emails when we queried the order.
• We were promised that the system would be installed and operative within 8 weeks; however, the actual timescale increased to 7 months at which point we were allowed to find an alternative service provider.
• The service provider we moved to installed us BT Infinity within three weeks of the order. This highlights that BT Infinity was available at that time, and the level of service was lacking.
• Your sales staff
- The additional costs would be only £20 per week more than our current spend. This was incorrect.
- A swift installation of 8 weeks. This was incorrect, and the process lengthened to 7 months.
- The transfer of our telephone number to the new system; however, 7 months into the order, BT were not aware that this was to be done.
- During the verbal sales process, the sales staff member said that existing equipment could be used and failed to provide information regarding additional hardware that we needed to purchase.
BT have not responded adequately, promising returned calls which have not materialised. Our only contact has arisen from BT responses from Twitter. It seems that BT are only concerned with their public face. We have been keen to settle this matter and come to a point of resolution but this appears to be a one sided effort.
BT is now demanding £15,934.67 for a service that we did not want, and that was not received or completed. We have been passed from pillar to post by BT staff at every point of communication whilst trying to resolve this issue. The lack of communication between BT and its complex network of associated companies is at best bewildering and at worst feels intentional and misleading.
We have now been told that this debt has been passed to a third party and BT cannot speak to us about the matter.
By drawing this to your attention we hope that we can resolve the matter swiftly.
Print Me It